Sunday, November 22, 2015

Amazon Underground Games

With the recently released line of Amazon Kindle Fire tablets, I decided to give the new much touted "Amazon Underground" a spin and see what was really meant by "actually free" games.  Amazon advertises this feature as games that actually have free in-app purchases, lending new meaning to "free games".

Currently, free games means that the game is "free", but still charges for any in-app purchases that are made, thus leading the end-user/consumer to believe that the game is free but with hidden charges/purchases.

However, Amazon Underground now labels their games as "Actually Free" when you visit the Amazon Underground.

I tried out one of the Amazon Underground "Actually Free" games that I have played for a long time called Frozen Free Fall.

Well, much to my surprise, Amazon was not lying about being "actually free"!

When I first launched Frozen Free Fall, I was immediately awarded a large number of snowballs and ice crystal and ice picks before I even began playing.  In addition, all of the upper levels from the Seasons and Frozen Fever were also completely unlocked! 

When I browsed through a few more Amazon Underground games in the Amazon App Store, I was surprised to find several more expensive games such as Mickey Mouse's Castle of Illusions labeled as "Actually Free"!

I am really enjoying the Amazon Underground feature of "Actually Free" applications since it makes using the Amazon Kindle Fire as a much more enjoyable tablet for gaming vs. Android and iPad tablets which do not have this feature and still rely heavily on Free games with in-app purchasing.

Needless to say, when it comes to playing games on a tablet, I will stick to the Amazon Kindle Fire!!

No comments:

Post a Comment